by Tracy Nagai
Dale Cameron Neisz, 39, has pleaded not guilty to a long list of charges following a deadly crash along Memorial Drive in July.
Neisz was allegedly behind the wheel during the early morning hours of July 2 when his 2012 Ford Fusion struck the centre median and rolled, striking a tree.
Kanaye Renfrew, 30, a passenger in the car, died at the scene. Another 32 year old woman suffered serious injuries.
Neisz suffered non life threatening injuries.
Investigators believe the car was travelling more than 120 km/h in a 50 km/h one.
In August, Calgary police issued warrants for Neisz after it was believed he left the province. He was later located and arrested.
His next court date is scheduled for Thursday, Feb. 23.
Neisz's charges include:
- Criminal negligence causing death
- Criminal negligence causing bodily harm
- Impaired driving causing death
- Impaired driving causing bodily harm
- Operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol level exceeding .08, causing death
- Operating a vehicle with a blood alcohol level exceeding .08, causing injury
© 2017 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.